About Guglielmo Lanzani
Since 12/2009 iit Senior Researcher, Principal Investigator and Coordinator
Center for Nano Science Technology @ POLIMI Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Via Pascoli 70/3, 20133 Milano Italy
since 11/2011 Full Professor of Physics
Department of Physics, Politecnico di Milano
P.za Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133 Milano Italy
- 1999-2011 Associate Professor in physics at Politecnico di Milano.
- 1994-1999 Assistant Professor at University of Sassari.
- 1992-94 Post Doc at ISM-C.N.R., Bologna
- 1989-90 visiting scientist at University of Utah, SLC-UT, USA.
- 1992 PhD in Chemical Physics.
- 1987 degree in Physics (Laurea).
GL teaches basic courses on physics at bachelor students and an advanced class on photophysics to master students in engineering at Politecnico di Milano. GL research activity regards the science and technology of nano and molecular materials. The main area of experimental work is photophysics, for application in energy, bio-photonics, neuroscience and medicine. In particular he is recently involved in the project for developing an artificial retina prosthesis. GL is involved in two start-up companies. He is author of the book “The Photophysics behind Photovoltaics and Photonics” for Wiley-VCH.